1/20th scale model of Corfe Castle and the village as it was in 1646
Welcome to Corfe Castle Model Village, situated in the heart of Corfe Castle village, on the Isle of Purbeck, within easy reach of Poole, Bournemouth and Weymouth, and at the gateway to the Jurassic Coast, a World Heritage site.
Come and visit us and see what the village and castle would have looked like before its destruction by Oliver Cromwell’s troops during the English Civil War in 1646. Set in an acre of landscaped gardens, we are the ideal place for a lazy few hours for both young and old alike.
Included in the model village and gardens are:
- Giant games for all the family
- Croquet lawn
- Village punishment area for scoundrels, with working stocks and pillories
- Fossil corner
- Enchanted fairy garden
- Wildlife garden with hide and bird feeding station
- The Potting Shed miniature museum and information centre
- Life size Civil War soldiers, guarding our castle
- Gift shop, selling local produce and fun gifts for all the family
- Terrace for refreshments with sweeping views of the surrounding hills and castle
- Courtyard cafe and tea room serving fresh local produce in a 17th century courtyard setting, open to everyone whether visiting the model village or not.
|Monday - Sunday||Closed for annual holidays|
Cafe and tea room is open Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, 11:00 am to 4:00 pm. Model village and gardens closed.
Fully closed for annual holidays from 15th January and reopen on 2nd February for the weekend.
Model village and gardens will reopen on 10th February, including the cafe and tea room, every day from 10 am to 4 pm until the end of October.
- Adults: £3.95
- Senior Citizens: £3.50
- Children (4 – 15 years): £2.75
- Family (two adults and up to three children): £12.00
- Children three and under: Free
Travel by Train
Save money with a combined ticket from Swanage Railway. Telephone: 01929 425800.
Travel by Bus
Take the Purbeck Breezer services (No. 40 from Poole via Wareham or the No. 50 from Bournemouth via Swanage, change at Swanage for the No. 40 or take the Swanage Railway train). See Wilts & Dorset Buses website for full details of local services.
Travel by Road
On the A351 Wareham to Swanage road (you can’t miss the castle).
The Square, Corfe Castle, Wareham, Dorset BH20 5EZ